Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Girls' Weekend

Sorry for the lack of posts lately! The King household has been low key!

This past weekend, I joined my friends in Gainesville, Georgia for our annual Fall Girls' Weekend! We always have such a great time together, but the weekend always goes by way too fast!

I arrived in Atlanta on Thursday, and Hollie, Maggie, Lauren, and I enjoyed some great sushi at Paul's.

Then Friday morning, Maggie, Hollie, and I made a quick trip to Scott's Antique Market. There were some great things, as usual, but none of us made any purchases! Next, we ate a yummy lunch at West Egg.

After our late lunch, we made our drive to Gainesville to wait on the rest of the girls! Glenn was the first to arrive followed a little later by Lauren, Meghan, and Renee. Maggie made us Gena Knox's Shrimp Pesto Pizzas! Meredith and Kim arrived a little after dinner, and we were glad to finally have the whole group together!
Enjoying a few appetizers before dinner.
On Saturday, we enjoyed chatting and eating breakfast. We could sit around a table for hours catching up! After breakfast, we jumped in the car and headed to Lula, Georgia, to enjoy zip lining at North Georgia Canopy Tours! The zip lining was so much fun, and we could not have asked for better weather!
So excited to start our zip lining tour! 

One of the rope bridges.
Beautiful scenery!
After our zip lining tour, finally minus those helmets!
After our afternoon of flying through the trees, we headed back to Maggie's house to decorate pumpkins. It has been our tradition to carve pumpkins, but this year our girls' weekend was a little early, so Maggie gathered up some fake pumpkins for us to paint and decorate! We had so much fun showing our creativity!

On Saturday night, we enjoyed a late dinner at Sidebar 120. It was a great little place serving Mexican and margaritas in downtown Gainesville.

Sunday morning came way too quick, and we squeezed in a few hours around the breakfast table! Some girls headed home, others headed home, and Hollie and I hit up Sugar Shack for one last delicious meal for the weekend! Good thing I was flying home because I would have ended up bringing home lots of baked goodies! On the way to the airport, Hollie stopped me by to show me the house that she and Wesley have an offer in on! I can't wait to see it with her special touches! Such a great house and neighborhood!

Thanks Maggie for planning and hosting such a fun weekend! Next up for the group is our annual Secret Santa and ornament swap in December! I can't wait to see everyone again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment