Day 5
Davis and I keep saying that we are going to try the Cuisinart for breakfast, but it is just so convenient to go right next door to the Straw Hat! We had several people tell us that we should try Shoal Bay, and Davis and I contemplated it, but we decided to stay on our beautiful Meads Bay. It just didn't seem right to leave our beautiful beach! Davis and I spent the day reading on the beach, and I finished Same Kind of Different As Me - a definite read. At one point in the afternoon, the wind was blowing sand so hard, we had to move up to the pool. We had such a relaxing afternoon - we could have done the same thing for several more hours! We spent so much time in the sun that afternoon that we got a little sunburned. Alex has given Bernard a little corner to grow aloe, so he cut us some of fresh aloe to rub on our burns. Davis and I had to go get gas or we wouldn't have gotten to dinner that night! The gas station attendant pumps the gas for you on the island. You don't see that much anymore!
 |
| Most beautiful water I have ever seen!! |
We came back, got dressed, and attended the Manager's Cocktail Party. It was nice to meet other guests and talk some more with Jan and Alex, the managers, about the hotel and island. They were leaving for a trip to Italy the next day so we had to say our goodbyes to them and Flip Flop!

After the party, we drove to Da Vida to eat dinner. It is by far the prettiest restaurant we have eaten at. The whole place opens up to the ocean so the entire time you are eating, you can hear the waves crashing on the beach. As compliments of the chef, we ate carrot soup. No, neither of us like carrots, but the soup was really good! Davis and I shared the Asian Shrimp Dumplings for an appetizer, and he had coconut crusted scallops, and I had pan seared snapper for dinner. So far, Da Vida had the best food we had eaten. After dinner, we walked along the beach and met two sweet dogs on the beach. Next, we ate some awesome dessert - banana spring rolls for Davis and the warm chocolate lava cake for me. Yum! Davis had a large White Russian for dessert too, so needless to say, after the cocktail party and other drinks, it was time to get home!
 |
| Dog we met on the beach. He reminded us a lot of Suches! |
Day 6
Happy Anniversary to us! Davis and I ate our regular breakfast at the Straw Hat once again! A couple at the cocktail party mentioned that they caught a boat over to Prickly Pear island and did some great snorkeling. We talked to one of the guys at the front desk, and he said he would take us out there for a couple of hours (for a price, of course)! Davis and I jumped in the boat about 11 with a cute couple from Charlotte, Kimberly and Wes, a lady who markets the Frangipani in the Northeast and two of her friends, and an American family of 4 who live in Paris. First, we went back to Little Bay where we snorkeled and some people, including Davis, jumped off the rock.
 |
| Davis jumping off the rock at Little Bay! |
 |
| I saw this man on the way to Little Bay. Thought he was cute in his little boat! |
Next, we all took the boat out to Prickly Pear island. We all sat around, had a few drinks, and talked. I really enjoyed hearing from the family that lives in Paris. I couldn't imagine growing up in the United States and then moving to Paris! Also, I actually fed sugar to birds out of my hand while we waited on lunch. Thank goodness we have pictures, or no one would ever believe me! We had a great lunch of BBQ chicken and ribs with a little salad, rice and peas, and potatoes. One of the best meals we have had and certainly the cheapest!
 |
| Feeding the birds on Prickly Pear. |
After lunch, we snorkeled a little more and saw a sea turtle and sting ray. Davis and I really enjoyed the afternoon and commented that it was an awesome way to spend our anniversary. When we got back to the resort, we enjoyed a little pool time with the other passengers from the boat and all decided we had to go to the Pumphouse for a little partying after dinner.




The front desk mentioned that we should go to Pimms at Cap Juluca for our anniversary dinner. However, Pimms was closed so we ate at Spice. The long drive way into Cap Juluca was beautiful! It reminded me a little of out honeymoon spot. The atmosphere at Spice was even better than the one at Da Vida from the night before, and we thought that couldn't be beat! We were practically sitting in the water. It was absolutely gorgeous - the water was so blue and the waves crashing on the rocks just in front of us made for a wonderful anniversary dinner! I had the Asian salad and Davis had the shrimp spring rolls for appetizers, and then for dinner, I enjoyed the shrimp pad Thai, and Davis had the beef short rib. For dessert, Davis has the trio of creme brûlée, and I had the chocolate fondue! The food was really good, but we decided Da Vida has been the best food, but Spice won the best atmosphere.


After dinner, we drove to the island hot spot on Thursday nights, Pumphouse. They had a live band that was really entertaining, and we tried to enjoy their rum punch, but it was way too strong for us! We enjoyed a few songs, and then we headed home because it was really hot with no breeze inside.
I need a vacation! This place looks like a dream! The water looks fake. I'm so glad it was an awesome trip!
ReplyDeletethese pictures are gorgeous! looks like an unforgettable vacation :)
ReplyDelete