Friday, February 25, 2011

Sconces

Remember this post about my bathroom? No, I haven't found a vanity yet, so I am moving onto the other side of the room. I am looking to replace the sconces. (I am planning to replace the mirrors too, and I think I have found a replacement mirror, but I'll have to show you the final product with it!). There are several stipulations, which makes the search for the perfect sconce a little harder-it must have a white shade (to match the light fixture I already have in there), and it must be the shiny silver/nickel to match the bathroom hardware. I am just at the point where I cannot look at them anymore. Aren't they hideous??

There is a bathroom in House Beautiful, and I love the look of their sconces. However, I googled them and found out they are from Waterworks and are $380 a piece, without the shade!! Not the kind of money I was looking to spend on a sconce!

Here is a closer view of the sconce-not worth the money (in my opinion)!
Waterworks Melissa Wall Mounted Single Arm Sconce (less shade)

So I have been looking for ones that are close. This one is from Lighting Universe, and costs a mere $55.
I would want to replace the shade, but it would certainly cost a lot less!
Quorum Lighting 5638-1-65 Loft 1LT WL BRKT - STN


Here are some other sconces I am looking at using  (all found on Lighting Universe):


Maxim 12761WTPN Rondo 1 Bulb Wall Sconce - Polished Nickel








Cal Lighting LA-60003WL-1 Rio Metal Modern / Contemporary Wall Sconce


Here are a few more inspiration pictures with pedestal sinks and sconces (via decorpad):
bathrooms - gray walls white pedestal sink glass shelf rectangular mirror subway tiles shower surround rain shower head marble basketweave tiles floor


bathrooms - chic bathroom vanity white carrara marble countertop beveled mirror sconces blue gray walls marble basketweave tiles shower surround


Which light fixture do you like the best? Hopefully, I will go ahead and make a decision, and I will be able to show you the finished product soon!

3 comments:

  1. I love the ones from lighting universe! I never would have thought to use shades on sconces in a bathroom, but after seeing all of these pictures, I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, you have so many good choices. I think it depends on your mirror to which one you choose. They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all so pretty! I can't wait to see which one you chose!

    ReplyDelete