Thursday, November 11, 2010

Toasted Pecan Goat Cheese

As you can tell, I really love my new cookbook Southern My Way by Gena Knox. This little appetizer was one of the easiest things I have ever made, and it was absolutely tasty!

Toasted Pecan Goat Cheese with Tupelo Honey
- 1 (11-ounce) log goat cheese, softened (Once again, my Albany grocery store didn't have something I was looking for; however, since I couldn't find the log of goat cheese, I just bought the crumbled goat cheese and let it soften on the way home from the grocery, and it worked just fine)
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tupelo honey (Couldn't find the tupelo, but regular honey tasted good to me!)
- Fresh baguette, sliced for serving (I served the baguette, along with Wheat Thins and Triscuits, and I think I like the crackers better than the bread)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut goat cheese log in half. Using hands, shape each half into a round disk and place on parchment paper. Place pecans on baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toast until lightly browned, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pecans from oven and transfer to wax paper to cool. Once cooled, finely chop in a food processor or by hand. Roll each goat cheese round in pecans until coated on all sides, pressing pecans into cheese as needed. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Place goat cheese on serving dish. Drizzle with honey, and serve with baguette slices. Soften goat cheese at room temperature before serving.

2 comments: