Kim and I skipped town a little early to head to the island. We were greeted by Meredith with candy corn and beeritas! After we settled in, the three of us grabbed a bite to eat at Crabdaddy's. I don't know how I managed to stuff anything else into my mouth after eating all of that candy corn and Chex Mix! We all enjoyed the Crab Soup for our appetizer, and for dinner, I had the Shrimp and Grits, Meredith had the Tuna, and Kim splurged on the Lobster! After dinner, we headed home to catch Project Runway (So glad that my man Mondo has made it into the finals!) After our little drive over, Kim and I were exhausted, and we decided there was no way we could wait on the others to get there about 1:00 a.m.
It was so good to see everyone when we got up on Friday morning! I haven't seen some of these girls since Meredith's wedding in July! We chatted and ate breakfast and finally got going and hit the Tibi Outlet in Redfern Village, and ate some more at Gnat's Landing. I must brag about my slaw bowl with shrimp-YUM! Then we were off to get our nails done and do a little shopping before getting dressed to go eat again that night!
Meredith picked out our dinner spot on Friday night - Coastal Kitchen right in the marina. I had the blackened snapper with crawfish macaroni and cheese. Maggie and I decided we had to have dessert after our waiter listed the options. We shared the pumpkin cheesecake and an apple tart. Both were quite tasty, but that pumpkin cheesecake may have been one of the best desserts I have ever tried!
After dinner, we were off to Ziggy's to do a little dancing! Ziggy's has moved, so it is right in the Winn-Dixie shopping center, so we didn't have far to go. It was so fun to dance to new music mixed with some good ol' oldies music. We danced the night away in some of Ziggy's awesome hats!
On Saturday, we were all moving a little slow, but most of us got up and went on a walk. I just love seeing St. Simons with all of those beautiful oak trees covering the roads. Once we got back, we had some lunch, and carved some pumpkins. Everyone's turned out so good! After our carving session, we finally made it to the beach. The weather was so beautiful! We laid out some towels and played many games of Catch Phrase!
That night, Meredith suggested Fancy Q, a local sushi restaurant located in the Redfern Village. Kim and I always comment that it would be hard for any sushi restaurant to beat out our Tokyo sushi, but it was definitely close! Our waitress was a trip, so we had lots of laughs at dinner!
After dinner, it was back to Ziggy's for some more dancing! We were all moving a little slower than the night before because our feet hurt so much from our dancing Friday night!
On Sunday, it was sadly time to pack up and head home. I am so sad to leave all of my friends, but I am so happy that we already have a weekend planned for our Secret Santa gift exchange (even though it is going to be after Christmas).
Thanks for hosting our Girl's Weekend this year Meredith! Can't wait to see where we end up next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment